- Hurlocker, M. C., Moyers, T. B., & Houck, J. (in press). Can a pure motivational interviewing intervention be annualized and still efficacious? A test of feasibility and initial efficacy. Psychotherapy.
- Hurlocker, M. C., Madson, M. B., & Schumacher, J. A. (2020). Motivational interviewing quality assurance: A systematic review of assessment tools across research contexts. Clinical Psychology Review.
- Villarosa-Hurlocker, M. C., & Madson, M. B. (2020). A latent profile analysis of social anxiety and alcohol use among college students. Addictive Behaviors, 104.
- Hurlocker, M. C., Schutts, J. W., Madson, M. B., Jordan, H. R., Whitley, R. B., & Mohn, R. C. (2020). Screening for alcohol use disorders in college student drinkers with the AUDIT and the USAUDIT: A receiver operating characteristics curve analysis. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 46(5), 531-545.
- Villarosa-Hurlocker, M. C., O’Sickey, A. J., Houck, J., & Moyers, T. B. (2019). Examining the influence of active ingredients of motivational interviewing on client change talk. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 96, 39-45.
- Bravo, A. J., Villarosa-Hurlocker, M. C., Pearson, M. R., & Protective Strategies Study Team. (2018). College student mental health: An evaluation of the DSM-5 Self-rated Level 1 Cross-Cutting Symptom Measure. Psychological Assessment, 30, 1382-1389.
- Madson, M. B., Villarosa-Hurlocker, M. C., Schumacher, J. A., Williams, D. C., & Gauthier, J. M. (2018). Training in motivational interviewing for substance use treatment professionals: A systematic review. Substance Abuse, 40, 43-51.
Additional papers available on PubMed