The Behavioral Health, Implementation, and Prevention (BHIP) Research Lab in the psychology department at the University of New Mexico is committed to addressing the health risk behaviors that lead to chronic health conditions. Our clinical research program is focused on developing prevention interventions that target multiple influences of behavioral health conditions. Our implementation research program is focused on improving the healthcare system using novel methods to study implementation strategies and mechanisms.
Current research topics in the lab:
- Strengths- and resiliency-based interventions (e.g., Motivational Interviewing; Positive Psychology Interventions)
- Active ingredients and mechanisms of behavior change
- Addictive behaviors and co-occurring mood and anxiety symptoms
- Processes underlying co-morbid health conditions
- Healthcare delivery system
- Mixed-methods and hybrid designs